Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

I like my hair curly and I do not want it straight. I have tried almost every product known to man and nothing seems to work. I get my hair thinned every 4 months and it just grows too fast. The curls in my hair are not just like your normal curls they are insane. My hair is also dry and I try the olive oil treatments and none of those seem to work. My hair is also frizzy I have tried frizzez(sp) and many other stuff. I don't wan't to do anything drastic to my hair because I am only 16. I will also be going away down to the Outer Banks in North Carolina next week so the humidity and every thing else will be worse then it is up north more by New York. HELP!!!!



I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

Try leaving in conditioner in your hair. You don't need to by leave-in conditioner that is a rip off, just normal everyday conditioner. This is what I do and then I use moose without alcohol-this is key if you have curly hair, our hair is dryer because it takes longer for the oil in our scalp to get to our hair shaft.



Depending on the consistency of your hair you can try twisting it-mine is so thick the twists just stick together. You can have big twist or small twists, obviously the small ones wil take longer. If you do bigger ones and leave them in overnight (make sure you don't go to bed with your head wet) you can untwist them and your hair won't look as thick. Oh yeah twist when wet not dry. If all else fails french braid or cornrow-I just do two pigtail style and go on about my buisness.



There are products available I like Dove moisturizing conditioner and moose. In New York there is this salon for curly haired people-lucky that you are in the same state. I found out about it through a friend who gave me one of their products as a gift and I continue to order from there. They are expensive but you get a lot and I have had one batch of stuff for seven months (it will probably last the whole year) so it is worth the investment. The link to the salon and other curly websites is below.



The twist suggestion I gave is not the same as the one on Miss Jessies website I do the twist thing when I want to wear my hair down because otherwise it would be too bushy. You can twist your hair without her products.



This is a good book about curly hair. You can get it from the library. This is where I learned the conditioner and that shampoo can make curly girls frizzy! Curly girl : more than just hair--it's an attitude : a celebration of curls : how to cut them, care for them, love them, and set them free by Massey, Lorraine.



Thinning your hair can have the tendancy to make ot more frizzy depending on your curl and thickness. One time someone did it to me without asking and I looked like Bozo.



Sorry this is so long but I understand the annoyance of curly hair with the desire to keep it natural.



I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

you need proper hair care for that



I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine



I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

if you thin out your hair, it will only grow faster. just use frizz shampoo, and DON'T use a blowdryer. go to sleep with it wet. that's how i fixed mine...



~The Infamous Kelso...~



I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

Tell your stylist the next time she thins your hair, I'm sure any stylist worth her salt has something for friz. But for the time time between salon visits try Frizz Ease. I think that's the correct spelling. This is a great product. It will smooth your frizzy hair without doing anything drastic. The only drawback is, it is kind of expensive for the tiny bottles it comes in.



I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

trust me on this 1 mate as i have been through the same as you, go to stephans hair dresser and ask for a product called kerastase nutritive masquintense.



you are ment to wash it out, but i leave it in my hair and you only need a bit of it, i have been useing it for two months and found it to be the best for long thick dry curly hair , it's great .i hope you will get it , but it cost me around 25 dollars



and trust me , for me to spend that much money for my hair, well it don't happen but with this it does. i will never go back to anything elce, i use to get my hair thined out to but now i dont hve to



I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

ok....i use aussie.... it works really well and it smells awsome...... i would use that.... cuz......it serioiusly works!!!!



I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

How to Tame Frizzy Hair



Hair Frizz Causes %26amp; Treatment



While women with curly locks often must deal with the annoyance of frizzy hair, unruly



hair can arise from a variety of causes. Other potential sources of frizz include blow-



drying hair too often, overusing styling products, and damage from chemical processing.



The best treatment for hair frizz will depend somewhat on the root cause of the problem.



By following a few simple tips, your can have hair that is manageable, smooth, and free



of frizz.



Curly-Girls



If you have naturally curly tresses, you have probably had to deal with



frizzy hair at some point. One of the best methods of gaining control of



flyaways is to use pomade designed especially for curly hair. These



solutions can be purchased inexpensively at drug stores or at high-end



salons if you are willing to splurge. After washing your hair, place a dollop



of pomade on your hand and then gently spread the product evenly



throughout your hair. As you are distributing the product, use your fingers



to gently separate and twist individual curls for added definition.



For the best result, look for a product that helps condition or add moisture



to the hair in order to prevent over drying.



Damaged Hair



For many other women, frizzy hair becomes a problem after the hair has been permed,



colored, or bleached. The problem also develops as overuse of styling products leads to



build up and dryness. The first step to treat this problem is to use a deep conditioning



treatment once a week to soothe and soften the hair. However, because oil-based



conditioners can contribute to frizz, be sure to choose a cream conditioner.



A gel or pomade can be used to control unruly hair in much the same way it can be used



to control curly hair. It is important to only use a small amount because damaged hair



tends to absorb more of the product.



To combat the build up of styling products, try using a clarifying shampoo at least once



a week.



Other Tips and Tricks



In addition to the above solutions, there are many steps you can take to minimize and



prevent hair frizz. For those with curly hair, embracing the natural texture of your hair



is an important step. Constantly straightening the hair causes a great deal of damage,



which only contributes to problems with frizz. By working with the innate qualities of your



hair, you will find that your locks are much easier to manage.



To control frazzled hair during the day, avoid using a hairbrush to straighten tangles.



A wide-tooth comb can be used to smooth the hair without creating static and frizz.



It is also a good idea to avoid shampooing hair everyday because it can lead to



unnecessary dryness. If you feel that you need to wash your hair everyday, skip harsh



shampoos and try simply rinsing with water and applying conditioner. Use cool water



when rinsing hair to lock in moisture and smooth hair cuticles.



While hair frizz can be irritating, there is no reason why the problem should ruin your



style. These simple but highly effective solutions can help prevent and control frizz.



Proper conditioning and good styling techniques will ensure your hair always looks its



best.



****************



To treat and condition frizzy hair,



add a tablepsoon of Honey to a litre of Water and,



use it as an after-shampoo rinse.



Treatment for Dry Hair!



Massage hair with a quarter cup of full cream milk mixed with 2 teaspoon honey.



Leave on for 20-25 minutes and wash off.



I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

Use the Curly Girl book from above- it really will help.



What I do, is I condition (you choose which one works best for you), and sometimes put leave-in conditioner in- but this is not necessary.



While my hair is wet, I put detangler in it, and a small amount of mousse, then I put hair gel in it (choose the brand and strength depending on which kind of hair you have) and let it air dry.



After it is dry, you can put olive oil on it (from the spray can) or fantasia ic with sparkle lites (kind of expensive, but it works) to make it shine and have less frizz. You also can lightly gel the top of your head to minimize frizz.



Once you hair air dries (1-2 hrs depending on the hair) you can style it however you want- in twists, in a polyanna, in a bun, whatever, or just leave it loose with a headband or whatever.



I have curly, thick, dry, and frizzy hair what do I do?

Try a little oil sheen. When you get money you can shop around for the Japanese hair straightening. 2 of my friends have it and love it. It is very expensive. At my salon it is $350 but lasts 1 yr or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment