Thursday, April 26, 2012

Curly hair won't curl?

I have naturally very curly hair but after I straightened my hair with a hair straightener about 2 weeks it has not returned back to normal. It was only a one time straighten and now my hair is wavy and some parts are still straight. Is there anything I can do or should I just cut my hair?



Curly hair won't curl?

A very good idea would be to use a shampoo for curly hair...then add Volumizing mousse that adds volume and accentuates your natural curls when you get out of the shower....then scrunch up your hair with your fingers ..then use a diffuser.This should help...but keep doing this for a couple of days so your hair can get used to its natural curls. My friend had the same problem. I also told her to braid her hair in two braids when her hair was wet and sleep with it like that. It eventually worked too. You can cut your ends only, to get rid of the damage that way your hair is healthier and a lot more manageable... I hope it works for you !



Curly hair won't curl?

Sounds like you really fried your hair. Try doing a deep conditioning treatment once a week along with your normal washing routine. The added moisturizer should cause your curls to return. You can trim the damaged ends off, but you don't necessarily need to cut your hair short.



Curly hair won't curl?

You can try to cut maybe 1 or 2 inches off to give it more bounce for curls. Use some curling products for the first couple of days and then hopefully it will go back to its natural curls. =)



Curly hair won't curl?

I say you have just been straightening your hair too much, obviously haha. Make sure you are using a ceramic straightener like Chi, because that will not damage your hair as much. Also go to the store and get a shampoo and condition that is used made for people with curly hair and use that. Your hair will go back to being its pretty curly ways soon, just try not to straighten it for a couple of days and if you blow dry your hair, stop because that also damages your hair. If you want it be to curly right away you can always scrunch it get some aussie scrunching gel and just scrunch your hair right after you get out of the shower. Good luck. I am sure your pretty curls will be back in no time:).



Curly hair won't curl?

Curly hair has a mind of it's own and tends to be dry anyway. It sounds like you over processed your hair and fried it. First you need a good conditioner to try and bring it back. I gave up on trying to get mine to do what I wanted and found a good stylist who knows how to cut my hair. I also use something by Aveda called Be Curly. This cuts down on frizz and gives your curl some control.



If you want to your hair straight every now and then don't use a chemical process, just blow it dry straight and use a flat iron on it. It is much better for your hair.



I wish you luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment