Friday, March 30, 2012

I need help and tips to maintain and manage my short curly hair..plz!?

I am 16 male n my hair is curly and often looks shabby....i like to grow my hair cause short hair does really bad on me...i want to look good...so somebody help me out..



I need help and tips to maintain and manage my short curly hair..plz!?

Hi,



I'm a mom of a five-year-old daughter with long curly hair (Euro-American background). Here's what I do to keep her hair nice...



1. Must wash and comb out at least every other day, otherwise it gets too tangled.



2. Use a good conditioner (I like some of the Pantene offerings). Rinse it out.



3. Before you comb it, use a detangler (look in the kids' hair section for the bright spray bottles) or put a small amount of conditioner on your hands, rub together, and rub through your hair.



4. Use a wide-tooth comb to comb it out. Another good trick from my own childhood, which involved long hair and daily swims in a chlorinated pool: comb from the bottom. By that, I mean take a section of hair and of that take the last inch and comb it out. Then move up to the last two inches, and so on until you get to the roots. When you come to a tangle, instead of trying to force the comb through it, keep the hair in the comb and with the comb hold the hair taught. Then, use your fingers to pull the hair backwards through the comb. It gets out the tangle and doesn't hurt at all. Keep going like that to comb all of your hair.



The conditioner that works well is called Pantene breakage defense. But for me, it makes my hair too flat for daily use. So maybe keep it around for an occasional knotty hair day and use a lighter conditioner for daily use.



Another good curly hair product is "big curls" in an orange canister made by Samy salon systems.



Layers help too. Also, make sure you get a trim every three months at least, or otherwise the ends will tangle more easily.



With my daughter, I pin back her hair just a bit to keep it from looking shabby, but you don't have that option (probably). You could blow dry it with a big, round brush to give it more shape, provided you have layers. But if a guy has long, curly hair, it really looks best if it drip dries after combing.



Finally, Bedhead makes a product called Manipulator. It comes in a jar. Dip your finger in, rub it around your hands, and then work it through your hair by starting at the crown (the top back) and fluffing your hair with your fingers.



Good luck!



I need help and tips to maintain and manage my short curly hair..plz!?

Go on ebay and get the cheapest ceramic hair straightened you can find. It has to be ceramic and go to at lest 200 degrees. 30 mins and you have nice manageable hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment